Thursday, September 16, 2010

WANT TO HELP OUT?

In addition to paying our own travel expenses, our team was asked to bring  our own tools---apparently battery-operated tools among other things are hard to find in Nepal.  The Habitat team leaders have converters to 220 volts but need tools and batteries.  We're told that bamboo is tough to cut & assemble.  A big Thanks goes to Tom who has underwritten a large bag of tools on the list. (Now, just imagine me going through TSA with a sawzall or large hand drill and  chisels in my bag). I'll let you know how that goes. I  am not really worried though as Habitat for Humanity has done this many times before in other parts of the world, so I'll do whatever they suggest. 

If you want to help out, a tax-deductible contribution of any size to offset expenses will be appreciated by the team.   Send to: 

Habitat for Humanity OC,
2200 So. Ritchey Street
Santa Ana, CA 92705-5308

 
Please reference my name or write “Nepal” in the memo.

Thanks to all who help us out!

No comments:

Post a Comment